There is no better time than right now to address what will happen to your family when you die or become incapacitated. You need a Clearwater, Florida attorney experienced in estate planning. We have drafted thousands of estate documents and have over thirty (30) years combined experience in the estate planning area. We will guide you through the maze of planning your estate and help you choose the best legal strategy.
Each estate plan is unique, depending on the family dynamics and the level and types of assets you own. Our goal is to create and design an individual estate plan so that your assets will be owned, managed and ultimately distributed to your beneficiaries in accordance with your wishes. In addition, we will also customize an asset protection strategy to help protect your assets from creditors.
Our attorneys have a strong background in estate planning, asset protection strategies, probate and taxation law, as well as a proven ability to see the big picture and solve problems creatively. You will also find quality legal services and caring individuals who can make the process easily understood and give you the satisfaction of knowing you have put a plan in place which will simplify the lives of those you love along with either eliminating or substantially limiting the probate of your estate.
Estate Planning Services
Our attorneys assess your estate planning needs and priorities and take advantage of the available legal tools and services that are appropriate for your specific situation:
- Wills and trusts, including revocable and irrevocable trusts
- Durable Powers of Attorney
- Health care powers of attorney
- Living wills
- Business succession plans
- Family Limited Partnerships
- Asset protection strategies
- Estate tax planning
- Probate administration
Estate Planning Definition
Estate planning is “the collection of preparation tasks that serve to manage an individual’s asset base in the event of their incapacitation or death, including the bequest of assets to heirs and the settlement of estate taxes. Most estate plans are set up with the help of an attorney experienced in estate law.”
Estate Planning Statistics
According to Fidelity Investment’s 2015 Couples Retirement Study which questioned more than 1000 couples the following estate planning statistics emerged:
- When questioned 43% of couples, either married or in a long term relationship, failed to correctly guess the income of their significant other.
- 10% of those 43% were incorrect by $25,000 or more.
- 36% of couples surveyed had different answers for how much in investable assets the couple had accumulated.
- 90% perceived that conversations about estate planning were not difficult to start and 72% thought they communicated “exceptionally/very well”.
- When asked how much money they needed to save for retirement to maintain their lifestyle, 48% had no idea.
- The couples who did have a basic idea of what to save for retirement disagreed about the dollar amount and this disagreement was more pronounced with the baby boomer generation.
- 52% of couples surveyed had “no idea” how much they would receive in monthly retirement dollars.
- When asked what their Social Security payment would be 36% answered “don’t know” and another 24% were “unsure”.
- Out of those couples who had yet to retire, 33 percent disagreed on how comfortable their retirement lifestyle would be.
So what is the takeaway from these statistics? A large number of couples are unprepared and not on the same page when it comes to estate planning and retirement.
The upside is that couples who invested their time and money in a solid retirement plan were some of the most optimistic about their retirement future. More reason than ever to invest in professional estate planning services.
Serving clients throughout the state of Florida with U.S. Legal Issues
We offer an affordable package of essential estate planning services (Trust, Will, Durable Power of Attorney, Advanced Health Care Directive) that will meet the needs of most individuals right now, and that can be expanded later on if the need arises.
Legal Services Promptly Delivered: 727-539-6800
To arrange for an initial consultation — call our Clearwater law offices directly or complete our brief contact form.